Iceland Poppy

Iceland Poppy

Monday, December 3, 2007

First Thoughts

Sometimes I wonder what it is about me that drives me to endless collections. I am currently trying to deal with a mountain of quilting patterns, rulers, fabrics, threads, tops, battings and so on. Not only my own 'stash' with my best friends equally large 'stash' (since we live in the same house) - but my own Mother's and Auntie's stashes as well. Just after the first of the year I finally finished cleaning out my Mom's craft room, and moved her things that I felt the need to keep to my own house; then in Feb. my dear Auntie passed, and thru the summer and fall I have continued to receive her quilting things as well. More is still to come. There is hardly a room in this house without something quilt related in it. But it is all a blessing.
Yesterday I unpacked a box that had some unfinished projects (UFO's) of my Auntie I's quilts.... I was smiling thru tears as I saw her work, her notes on the patterns she was using, and the pieces she had pinned together to join. What a pleasure to be able to still share this hobby with her, she inspired my desire to quilt and now I feel honored to be able to bring some of her projects to completion.

No comments: